History

History

The Champagne family has been the keeper of The Mill on the Floss for the past 40 years.

In the early 1900′s, a judge from New York developed the 1700′s farmhouse with a beautiful rock maple addition into a summer residence while maintaining the exquisite landscape and preserving an operating grist mill.

During the late 1930′s and on through the 1960′s, the “Mill” was transformed from summer residence to tea room to tavern to inn and restaurant.

Since 1973, with the tender loving care and expertise of the Champagnes, the Mill has become a gastronomic destination.

Chef Suzanne Champagne Ivy has created the perfect balance between her contemporary approach to French cuisine and the classical techniques taught to her by her late father Maurice.